Lean Master School is hands-on learning experience on the theory and practice of Holistic Lean Enterprise specifically designed for managers leading teams through Lean continuous improvement processes in service companies.
- Learn from an international team of experts;
- Learn through guided experiences within a case company – StrongPoint;
- Doing, not talking – 30% theory and 70% practice;
- Get the knowledge, skills, and confidence to lead the teams in your organization;
- Become certified as Holistic Lean Coach
What’s in it for me?
UNDERSTAND THE COMPANY AS A SYSTEM
MODULE 1 – UNDERSTANDING THE SYSTEM, DEMAND, CAPACITY AND FLOW
5-7th of March, Vilnius
- Understand the difference between Lean application in manufacturing and services
- Explore the purpose from the customer point of view
- Understand value and failure demand
- Learn the system of management and system of work principles
- Understand the relationship between purpose, measures and behavior
- Homework > study failure demand
USE HOLISTIC LEAN PRINCIPLES
MODULE 2 –EXPERIENCE HOW TO APPLY HOLISTIC LEAN PRINCIPLES IN A HOSTING COMPANY
7-10th of May, Vilnius
- Use the END-TO-END Customer journey method
- Identify potential improvements based on customer purpose, failure demand, measures and behavior
- Distinguish internal and external system conditions and management beliefs behind them
- Explore potential solutions to eliminate waste
- Understand variation: common and special causes
- Learn leading teams through end-to-end customer journeys and improving systems
- Structure and present improvements and recommendations for hosting company's Management team
BECOME A CERTIFIED HOLISTIC LEAN MANAGER
MODULE 3 (OPTIONAL) – APPLY HOLISTIC LEAN PRINCIPLES IN YOUR COMPANY AND BE CERTIFIED AS A HOLISTIC LEAN MANAGEMENT COACH
This module would be tailored specifically to best meet the needs of your organization.
Price: 950 EUR for two modules
Who is teaching?
An experienced consultant and leader dedicated to helping organisations improve performance by shifting from traditional 'command-and-control' management to holistic / whole-systems approaches. Jeremy was part of performance management and continuous improvement teams in service companies (HBoS Plc, Abbey National Group) and for 15 years worked as Senior Consultant with Vanguard Consulting Ltd. As Management Consultant, Jeremy is helping leaders to add real value when they give up control and apply themselves to the challenges of helping their people do good work, embedding learning and improvement, and working on the system constraints beyond people's control.
At present, Jeremy is Director of Quality Improvement at Care Quality Commission and Visiting Lecturer for Lean Enterprise MSc Programme at University of Buckingham as well as MBA Programmes at The York Management School (University of York), Newcastle University Business School and Durham University Business School.
LAURA GERRITS – GEDVILĖ
Laura has built her experience as Entrepreneur and Holistic Lean Management Coach for almost 15 years. As a Founder of IMPROVEMENT Consulting Company she is leading an international team to support organizations in building Holistic Lean Enterprise & Continuous Improvement culture from Top management to operational level. Strong focus on the company as a whole by identifying its leverage points helps to improve the overall system performance before implementing tools is our fundamental principle. Making sure strategies and goals are aligned and deployed horizontally, so it helps people to work dependently, create and maintain the flow within the processes and reach the strategic objectives. Intervention results in inverting the management pyramid bottom up by integrating horizontal and vertical measurement system, based on the customers voice and process interdependencies and sustaining the change.
Laura is studying MSc in Lean Enterprise Programme and is acknowledged as one of the best students by University of Buckingham. She is ICC Certified Coach and has Lean Change Manager diploma (Lean Akademiet, Denmark) and BSc in Commercial Law & Economics (CBS Copenhagen Business School).
For more than seven years Vilma is a Holistic Lean Management Coach helping companies to transform their organizational culture. Vilma has spent her career in managerial positions within fast changing and demanding international service environment with strong quality assurance, continuous improvement and risk management focus. Analytical skills and system thinking enable her to understand holistic journey of customers of the clients and lead sustainable transformation within the company. Vilma is PHD Candidate at ISM University of Management and Economics, her research topic is risk culture development. She is G31000 Approved Trainer for Baltic States, Head of Business Process Management Programme for Executives in ISM University of Management and Economics.
Limited class up to 12 participants > Registration deadline 23rd of January, 2019
Language of the programme: English and Lithuanian
The school will take place at StrongPoint company, address: Zalgirio 90, B building, Vilnius.